Saturday, December 23, 2006

What was I just saying?


I was so pleased with myself last time I posted. I had had a really great swim and was getting back into running, when blow me down I got struck by the mother of all colds. So no swimming or running for me for about a fortnight, during which I proceeded to feel thoroughly lousy and lose my voice. My first foray back into running went ok, but brought the cold straight back so I've done nothing till yesterday. And I mean NOTHING... GRR!! On top of that when I finally went to the GP, she told me she thought I was asthmatic. As I have two wheezy children this wasn't an unreasonable assumption, but I had a chat with my actual GP about it and he reckons I'm just prone to having asthma type symptoms when I have a heavy cold. So I'm now dosing myself up with the kid's inhalers and it seems to be working.

The good news is that the lack of running has helped my back, so when I did get out for a run yesterday I did manage just under three miles in thirty minutes, so I was averaging 10.16 minute miles, which is pretty good for me. I am hoping that as Spouse is now off for Christmas I might be able to get a swim in some time. The other good news is the doc reckons running/swimming will help rather then hinder, so at least I don't have to give anything up.

I didn't get into the marathon via the ballot, which is probably just as well, and though I toyed with doing it for charity, in the end I decided I didn't want the pressure of raising the money. I have set my sights instead on completing a triathlon some time this year, and going for FLM again, next...

In the meantime, if there's anyone out there reading this a very happy Christmas to you and yours. And if you have bought my book, thanks a lot. And if you haven't, you might enjoy this...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVV7aXpg8B0

2 Comments:

At 10:31 pm GMT, Blogger TX Runner Mom said...

Merry Christmas!!! Glad you're feeling better!

 
At 9:53 am GMT, Blogger Jane Henry said...

TX - sorry had trouble posting to this blog over Chrimbo. Hope yours was similarly good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home